E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I would like to activate my new kindle. Can you call me?

I would like to...

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

This a new kindle that has never been used.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

I have forgotten my password. How do I retrieve it or create a new one?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment.

1/19/2018
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I regret that I myself cannot offer Phone Call service - but, if you request it formally, the request will be open for other Experts in this category to take up.

To activate your Kindle is a process with several steps. Have you already charged it up for several hours? that's the first step.

When you have done that, you turn it On for the first time, then it will prompt you for a few basic pieces of information (if it is truly brand new) e.g. the date and time, and the language you want it to use in its interface.

After that, comes two more steps. Tell me, by Reply To Expert, when you have gotten that far, and I will instruct you further.

I'm charging the kindle and will get back when is ready. Thanks.

OK, thanks for letting me know!

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Hello Russell,Sorry for the delay, busy with life. I was able to start my Kindle on my own. I finally realized that the password ***** the Netgear password. I'm all set to go. Thanks for your help.K

Excellent to hear that! could you, before you go, rate my work and efforts on your question, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page? Thank you, ***** ***** a good day.

Russell H., Technician