E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It keeps trying to restart and won't close down. I have over…

Customer Question
It keeps trying to...

It keeps trying to restart and won't close down. I have over 900 titles - is it over full? if so how do i move some of my earlier purchases?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Type Kindle Paperwhite
Serial Number B024 1603 3024 1EG0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Usually it just goes slow and I manage to restart it and it works fine. Last night it wouldn't switch off and now it just keeps trying to restart but doesn't quite make it through the process

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so - apart from being unable to get it to shut down.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then try the reboot a couple of more times.

I've done all that many times in the last 36 hours. No go!! I'm currently trying to reverse joining this as it isn't what i wanted and $52 NZ is far too expensive.

I had no way of knowing that and I'm not privy to billing matters. I will opt out and allow another expert to step in.