E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I forgot my password when i do the restart i get to the page…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password when i do the restart i get to the page to put in my account information an then my password. It say not recognized

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

I hav acess now but it will not accept the account or password

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

I am in the factory reset now i but cannot log in with my amazon account or password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No i log into my wif and location all right

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem, Could you please provide me your Amazon account user ID? The reason why I am asking we can try to check what are the possibilities available for resetting the password.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any access to your gmail account (*****@******.***)? If you have access to the gmail. Please login to the gmail account and check for the verification code which is sent by amazon.

i just tried that account at amazon and it works with the actual account
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

As per my understanding your amazon account is working fine, right?

but not with the re start of my kindle
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

If you are able to access the amazon account, then possibly the password ***** not be working in the Kindle. Make sure you are entering the right password ***** the exact case letter, because all the passwords for case sensitive. You can also try to restart the kindle and check if the password ***** ***** on the kindle.

have don this already are u there
what is going on
what is going on. i guess you dont have an answer
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician