E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My wife's Nook Color power connector seems to have been

Customer Question
My wife's Nook Color...

My wife's Nook Color power connector seems to have been pushed back about 2mm so it doesn't make contact with a USB charging connector. Is there any way to open the case to see if it can be corrected?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

It's a Nook Color . I don't see any model no. on it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Just happened today, and have only made visual inspection and tried a couple of alternate charger cords all with same result.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm proficient with some type of electronic devices but no experiance with phones or tablets. This was a used Nook I bought her three years ago, so don't feel it's work paying for repairs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please.
I was told you would send me an email at ***@******.*** with the answer to my question. I am afraid I am not able to stand by for a dialog right now, will not be until after 1 PM PST tomorrow. Please send your next responses to that email address. Thank you.

Please reply back here when you are ready

I am ready
Nevermind... this is a useless service unless the customer is wiling to keep upgrading the charges. We will not pay the additional $31 that is indicated for an answer by a technician, we are calling our bank to refuse the pending charge.