E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle will not connect to wi fi - password is correct -

Customer Question
Second opinion] my kindle...

Second opinion] my kindle will not connect to wi fi - password ***** ***** - have restarted router & kindle to no avail???

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I think my wife hit resart & reset mode

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...kindle will not connect to wi fi..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?

(if have not been done) Please click / tap HERE.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202048000
Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually". Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.