E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It's an old one, probably one of the earliest. It has frozen…

Customer Question
It's an old one...

It's an old one, probably one of the earliest. It has frozen while I was reading. How can I get it going again?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Very recently

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

By pressing do you mean sliding?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

By pressing do you mean sliding

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/18/2018
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 6 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeYes sliding and holding the on off switch for 40 seconds then release your finger. Let me know how that works outAnthony
Nope, still frozen
No phone call please
Please continue the conversation to resolve this issue
Cheers
D

I am afraid in that case you would be better off replacing the kindle as the software running it has gone very bad.

All your books will be archived at amazon

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony

Hey, I'm really disappointed in you. Firstly and to a lesser degree because you couldn't help me but secondly and MOST IMPORTANTLY because you have charged me $39 for a service you told me would cost $5. Your reference is(###) ###-####for these charges. Please refund $34 ASAP so I don't have to take further action through Consumer Affairs. I look forward to your response. Cheers