E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have changed my credit card for my Kindle/Amazon acct but…

Customer Question
I have changed my...

I have changed my credit card for my Kindle/Amazon acct but the old acct number comes up. I am unable to order any books and unable to change the credit card number. My wife and I share an Amazon acct and she has changed this information and she is able to buy books with the new acct number but it hasn’t changed on my Kindle. How do I change to our new credit card?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for about two weeks. I have gone to the screen where I’m able to change information but the space where I can change my method of payment is disabled. It shows our old credit card number which has been stopped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not. I am an avid reader and have ordered many books from Amazon via my Kindle. I’m so frustrated. One other thing I’ve tried is to shut down my Kindle device to refresh it but nothing has changed.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
1/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to call as I just paid $5 for tech support. I’m not sure what model it is...Paper White?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HOw do I find out what the exact model of my device?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

In order to find out the model please go to settings and then device info there you will be able to see the model number please let me know that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m looking...I’m not seeing a choice for “device info”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, Are you able to go in to settings?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All I seem to be able to get into is “store settings”. Can you tell me how to get to General Settings?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Are you able to see three vertical dots at the top right corner on your kindle just tap on it and you will be able to see the option device info please let me know if you are able to check this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are 3 vertical “bars” not “dots”. I have an option to pick Device Options
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Device Option choices are: 1) Devise Passcode. 2) Parental Controls 3) Personalize your Kindle 4) Language and Dictionaries
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

okay, could you please tap on it and see if you are able to see model number?

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, when you go into the device option again you need to tap on 3 vertical bars at the top right corner and see if you are able to see the option device info.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’m there. The Serial Number is: B024 1502 2473 0DXX. The Firmware version is: Kindle 5.6.1.1(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no option for model number
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, I got it it is kindle Paperwhite.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that’s what I told you about 20 minutes ago...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there? All I want to know is how do I enter my new credit card information so that I can continue to order books?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused please follow the below steps in order to change the credit card information:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fmn%2Fdcw%2Fmyx.html%2Fref%3Dkinw_myk_surl_1&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&&accountStatusPolicy=P1#/home/devices/.
  2. From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Kindle Payment Settings.
  3. Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
  4. Enter the desired billing address, and then select Continue. You will be taken back to the Kindle Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I keep getting prompts that you are communicating with me but nothing is coming through
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Please let me know if it works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This did NOT work
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, Could you please try to restart your kindle once by Pressing and holding the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialogue box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialogue box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician