E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

N. - My Kindle Paper is not working. I am unable to turn the…

Customer Question
My name is***** -...

My name is***** - My Kindle Paper white is not working. I am unable to turn the paes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

From yesterday. My daughter has one also and she advised me to turn it off completely which I did but it still is not allowing me to turn the pages

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That is my problem right now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?