E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have moved, and i cant find my password for my kindles so…

Customer Question
I have moved...

I have moved , and i cant find my password ***** my kindles so what do i do to get my kindles online

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I have 4 kindles from paperwhite to 8.9 fire

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

My old passwords dont work anymore , but one of my older kindles is still hooked to the internet ?? i cant figure that out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to put bin a new password ***** all of my kindles , but dont know how to do that . they all were working fine untill yesterday ???

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 4 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether you forgot the amazon account password ***** the kindle or You have forgotten the Kindle Login password ***** you have forgotten the WiFi password ***** the Kindle?

i forgot my wifi password
i am hard of hearing , and cant hear on the phone . so have to use e mail
just tell me how i can put in a new wifi password ***** please
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any windows computer which is connected to the same wifi network? If it is connected to the wifi network, we can retrieve the wifi password ***** your computer.

i have windows 7 same wifi network
my kindle says wi is turned on , but not conected to a network ????
 replied 4 months ago

Please look in to the computer at the bottom left corner there will be start key

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check Wifi adapter or Wireless network connection. Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that window click on Status and click wireless properties

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security.

5. Click on the Security tab

6. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

7. Uncheck the box which say show password

8. you will able to see the wifi password

9. Use that password ***** connect your Kindle to the wifi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

i am having no luck not very savy on electronics
 replied 4 months ago

I will assist you in step by steps. May I know what do you see in the computer screen when you Press and hold “Windows Key(Start) and R”?

on my kindle , it says enter the password ***** hug5g442727 but i dont have the password
 replied 4 months ago

I understand the password ***** ***** matching, May I know what do you see in the computer screen when you Press and hold “Windows Key(Start) and R”?

i give up just wasted my money
all i wanted was to install a new password
 replied 4 months ago

The issue which you are facing is not too much complication, please do not worry about it. I will give you step by step.

Please look in to the computer keyboard at the bottom left corner there will be start key, Now Press and hold “Windows symbol key and letter R” in the keyboard and the “Run” window will open.

ok i did that
 replied 4 months ago

In the Run box, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open. Check if you see that window in the screen.

then i hit ok now what
 replied 4 months ago

If you see the Network connection windows, Check for the Wireless network connection. Do a right click on the Wireless Network connection, click on Status.

got to status now what?
 replied 4 months ago

Now Click wireless properties, You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security. You need to Click Security.

cant see security
 replied 4 months ago

Do you see the connection tab?

i will look again
 replied 4 months ago

Sure.

when i get to security , it only shows sec type wpa personal and encription type aes ?????
 replied 4 months ago

Now Uncheck the box which say show password, you will able to see the wifi password.

well , it gave me my router password ***** which i already had. i tried it on my kindle , and it says , wi fi conection failure
router password ***** ***** , does not work
 replied 4 months ago

Have you tried restarting the kindle before? If not please restart the Kindle and try to enter the same wifi password ***** you see in the computer.

Note: Make sure are choosing the same network name.

nothing works
tried everything
must be something wrong with my kindle
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry, I am not sure about that. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Are you sure that you are typing the password exactly as it appeared on your computer? If there is a capital then you need to capitalize that letter too on the Kindle.

that password ***** for my other kindles but my 8.9 kindle fire wont except the password ?
I think there is something wrong with my tablet

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

Now, try to enter the password.

no luck still wont work
it just wont except the password

What does the error message say?

could not solve my kindle problem. wasted my $36.00

Unfortunately, without a response from you, I cannot help you.

I replied 18 hours ago and this is the first time that I heard back.

i am giving up , and sending my kindle in for repair.
it just wont except my router password. i have 3 other , older ones that except the password ***** .
i guess i just wasted my money , and time

OK

Harry, Customer Service