E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle just closed down on me I can not turn it on. It is…

Hi my Kindle just...

Hi my Kindle just closed down on me I can not turn it on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

It is fully charged the on & off

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Sorry the on & off switch will only stay for seconds

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

1/15/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Aric, Technician