E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

We got two kindle fires for christmas. My children have hit…

Customer Question
HI, we got two...

HI, we got two kindle fires for christmas. My children have hit max storage on them already. It is not allowing me to uninstall the apps? What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just today. I have gone into the internal storage and the uninstall button will not highlight. I have held down on the app and it says to download or save to home.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to know how to delete the apps and free up storage.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
how do i uninstall an app that says not installed for this user
1/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please ignore remote session request as they are automated through the website and not sent by me. Also I cannot remote into a Kindle.

Can you tell me what Kindle app you are trying to remove?

My kids downloaded a bunch from the Free time app and filled up our storage. When I go under manage all applications the apps say not installed for this user. I can not uninstall them. Then when I go under my daughters name it only gives me a list of the apps.

When you are in your daughter's profile and go into settings are you prompted for passcode?