E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

What's going on is strange and never happened with my former…

Customer Question
What's going on is...

What's going on is strange and never happened with my former 2 Kindles. When I buy a book, I am given the Sample of about 100 pages. But after that I can't read any further. I have now 4 100 page books and never get the middle or the end of them. What do I do to get my Kindle back to normal?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

This is my 3rd Kindle and it's doing a strange thing. When I buy a book, I get a Sample of the book that is about 100 pages or so. After that, I cannot go any further in the book. Since this started happening I have 1/4 of 4 books with no middles or endings. What do I do about this?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I already sent 3 explanations. Now, I am waiting for an answer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.