E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

E-reader is OK but I have recently twice been charged twice…

Customer Question
E-reader is OK but...

E-reader is OK but I have recently twice been charged twice for the same book. On 8 Jan 2018 was charged twice 12.39 NZ.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Was also charged twice on 6 November 2017, 14.85 NZ. It's a kindle, can't find model name - where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Only those 2 times. Have had kindle several years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise you to change, making it more slow, the way you order a book or confirm an order. You might perhaps be tapping twice, when tapping once would do. And thus ordering twice, and getting double-charged.

Contacting Amazon (.NZ perhaps? or the main Amazon.com...) and notifying them should solve this problem. They are understanding and when they see double charges with a simultaneous date (and possibly, with a second or so) time, they will undoubtedly straighten the problem out.

If you need more info and advice, just let me know in Reply and I will continue to help you.

I thought I was dealing with Amazon. Please refund my $52 nz
Tried to contact amazon.com, can't afford to keep paying double, and then your fee on top, think I will just bin the kindle.