E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire HD has kind of frozen up. I can't scroll down…

my kindle fire HD has...
my kindle fire HD has kind of frozen up. I can't scroll down on the home page When I tap on any icon I get a green box around it
1/12/2018
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I did that and it came back on but I cant swipe the screen to get to home
Okay, that sounds like you may have accidentally turned on an Accessibility feature.To turn off VoiceView:
Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Settings.
Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then open Quick Settings.
Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
Tap VoiceView, and then double-tap the screen .
Next to VoiceViewReader, tap the switch, and then double-tap to confirm your selection.
In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap to confirm.
How did you get so smart.
sorry i lost you. Thank you so much for your help. IT WORKED AND IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t Have a great day and keep up the good work. sincerely sharon curnett
Your welcome!
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you very much!
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Phone call session started