E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My screen is black, can't see anything? A few hours ago. I…

Customer Question
My screen is black...

My screen is black, can't see anything?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

A few hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I tried and it may be coming up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It's still realdark

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Thank you, ***** ***** try that.
You're welcome and let me know what happens please.
I tsried all that and no luck, the screen is brownish now.
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Can you tell me please which model Kindle you have?

It's working now, really not sure what I did, tried all kinds of things! Thank you for your help.