E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwite for a year or so. It just stopped…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paperwite for a year or so. It just stopped working yesterday when it refused to allow me to swipe to read my book I was reading. So I charged it last night but this morning the charging light was amber. It always changes to green when it fully charges. I still can't get it to change the screen to activate.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No, how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you