E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cant download apps after my sister gave me her old kindle…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I cant...

Second opinion] I cant download apps after my sister gave me her old kindle fire, why and how do I fix it

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle Fire?

When I put my info into it, and took her info out

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No I will try it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get apps, I tried to power it off, no help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan.

You can't just kick her information off of the Kindle. She needs to go into her Amazon account and deregister it. Then you can properly register it under your own account. Tell her to Google "Manage Your Kindle." Once she goes there and logs into her Amazon account, she'll click the "Devices" tab and then select the "Actions" button next to the Fire she gave you. Once she selects "Deregister" you will be able to log into your Amazon account and register it. You can also do it from the home screen on the Fire (Settings > My Account...)

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.