E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot access my kindle books I had prior to the last

Customer Question
I cannot access my...

I cannot access my kindle books I had prior to the last update. Nor will my phone and iPad sync

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Sometime prior to the holidays

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No, how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Thanks for your question! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help with your Kindle.

From the computer, can you log into Amazon.com? I just want to make sure you know your username and password. Once you're logged into Amazon, go >>here<< and then click on the "Devices" tab. Make sure your Kindle is showing on that list. If it isn't, turn on the Kindle, then go to Settings > My Account and log out... then log back in using the same username and password ***** used on the Amazon website.

Once the Kindle is registered (or if it just showed up on the Devices tab to begin with) then go back to the site I linked you to, and click the "Content" tab. Next to each book you want to have on your Kindle, click the "Actions" button and then select "Send to..." and choose the Kindle you want to receive the book.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.