E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I keep getting an error message when trying to register my…

Customer Question
I keep getting an...

I keep getting an error message when trying to register my Kindle. "Unable to connect" yet I am connected to my wifi.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

At the moment only my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Let us go through a sequence of steps to see if we can get your Kindle connected to your WiFi.

The problem may be a software glitch. What you can do is reload the system software by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. After 3 minutes, the Kindle should come back online.

Please let me know if it now detects the WiFi.

Hi.
I have not heard back from you and was wondering if I was able to successfully assist you.
If so, please remember to rate my answer (if you are unsure how to do that, please click here for instructions).
Enjoy the rest of your evening.