E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I play a video the sound will stop, the video will stop…

Hey Mr. Dan. When...

Hey Mr. Dan. When I play a video the sound will stop, the video will stop and sometimes the volume voluntarily goes way down. Also I usually hear a series of a notification sound. If I tap the top or upper top of the screen the sound will come back.This happens many times a video.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Let me check.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

A couple of months. Pressing in the on button for 40 counts

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you. Thank you Pearl.

1/9/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the device with the issue please?

Thank you

Kindle Fire, Fire HD 10 (5th Generation)
Ive already been charged $36.00! Please send no Answer!! Icannot afford this type of tech support!
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it. Let me know the results please Thank you
please opted out
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

It's just about the same except the audio on tv eps and movies keeps cutting out or low. This happens about every 5-6 min.
I already tried the "off for 35sec. just as Richard said. ???? Hope you can help.
No phone! Thanx.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know

Richard, it didnot work
Richard, it didn't work!

My name is ***** *****

Have you tried a factory reset?

Excuse me Harry! I will I will redo it and let you know

Thank you.

It's worked so far. Thanx Harry.

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

It acted up a little last nite. But I must do this procedure. I am satisfied with your answer.

Great to hear!

Harry, Customer Service
Relax Harry. I rated you. It's all done. Goodbye now. Please. Susan