E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I bought a kindle and it wont hold any charge. I can only…

Customer Question
I bought a kindle...

I bought a kindle and it wont hold any charge. I can only use it when it is plugged in. When plugged in, the light is yellow and the kindle never recharges. I tried the trouble shoot area and it said to hit restart and then recharge it. I did this, and it only shows a battery symbol across the screen plugged in, with a yellow light. It doesnt appear to be recharging. I even went and bought all new kindle chargers for this, with no difference.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I got in Thanksgiving, and it was dead in the middle of December. I been reading with a cord on it at all times since then. Other than new chargers, i didnt know what else to do I cant even get it to turn on now plugged in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but I tried your 1800 customer service number and he wanted to try to log into my computer and I wont let him as Ive been scammed this way before.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Thank you.working on it now
Okay sounds good.
please call me

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

I am not available by phone. Reply back on this page please.

never mind. I tried everything you suggested. I will just go and buy another kindle. please dont charge my account anymore than the 5 dollars.

I don't charge anything as I'm a user of the site like you. You would need to use the site help pages to handle your own billing. I am no longer involved in the conversation.

Aric, Technician