E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It refuses to connect so that I can place orders. Amazon…

Customer Question
It refuses to connect...

It refuses to connect so that I can place orders

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Kindle I assume it's an ereader

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for months, but I haven't tried contacting you till now. I have gone to "turn wireless on" and gone to "shop in kindle store" but I get the message that begins with "Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. . . .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
follow these steps for connecting to Wi-Fi
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
- Your home network should appear in the list.
- Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
- Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
- If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
- Then Tap Connect.