E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I tried to download a book I got to screen and now I can't…

Customer Question
I tried to download...

I tried to download a book I got to White screen and now I can't access my library or any of the books that I have saved on my tablet I also have Kindle unlimited for that 999 a month I can't even find my old icon in the candle applications

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Yesterday I finished the book went to download another one and I just got the white screen tried to download new Kendall got Kindle teen and I can't access any of my books

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

I don't understand what you're talking about do I need to log on to Amazon and change my password ***** something

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not very tech-savvy so I will need some detailed assistance

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I don't have a Kindle I have a LG tablet same process work on it I rebooted it I now have downloaded the book that I was trying to download however I have no access to all the books I have saved on my Kendall or on my tablet and I can't get into the library and this is a totally different layout I have no access to my previous books
I pay a monthly fee for the Kindle service I expect service I do not expect to have to pay additional cost to cover what I feel should be included in the service
If I can't get a return call then your service is doing me no good whatsoever and I'm not at all satisfied with your service or your response
I strongly suspect requesting a second or another expert isn't going to improve the service in any way
If you can't deliver and provide the service advertised you're not providing very good customer service
I'm still waiting for the phone call that your system said I would be receiving I've been waiting for about 20 minutes this is not very good customer service if the technician is available online he should also be available on my phone service it would be much faster and more efficient to do this by voice instead of passing messages back and forth which half the time I don't understand again you're not offering very good service