E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I had not used my kindle in awhile, and wanted to buy a

Customer Question
I had not used...

I had not used my kindle in awhile, and wanted to buy a book. When I opened it, the kindle wanted me to register it. I tried to find a way to get into the kindle without registering it, to no avail. I tried registering it with the name I had been using, but it wouldn’t let me.After several tries I gave it a different name. So I bought the book I wanted, but, of course, I had not considered that book would not be stored with my other books. So, now I have my new book under a different name. To confuse matters even more, I tried again to “registerL

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I now can access that kindle under the old name, but can’t get to the book I just bought.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No. Did not know about that.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know the exact make and model of your kindle?

I am not certain about model; it is a Kindle and is about 2 - 3 years old.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, you can find the model of your kindle by tapping on Settings and go to Device Info and there you will be able to see the serial number and model number please let me know that.

Serial #90D5 2201 4137 0185
Firmware version: Kindle 5.8.11(3243010037Does this help? I can’t find a Model #
Network Capability: Wi + 3 G
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks for the information please try to restart your kindle once by following the below steps:

Please let me know if it work for you.

1. Press and hold the power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears.
  2. Tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds to restart your Kindle.

The Kindle restarted, but the book I bought doesn’t show up. Therefore, no, my problem is not solved.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand your concern as you have mentioned you bought that book under different name so your book is there in that amazon account.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

In order to get access to that book you need to register your kindle to the same account under which you bought that book.

then I have to reregister whenever I want to access my other 50+ books? I wanted to know how to get the new book with the others.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry but that you can check with Amazon support by contacting them on this number 1800 3000 9009.

I knew that before I contacted you. Please have my payment refunded to my credit card.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check for the refund.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician