E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Will not wake up. I do not have that info....it is an older…

Customer Question
Will not wake up ...

Will not wake up

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I do not have that info....it is an older model...7 years old. I haven't had it on for a while. Plugged in over night...green light was on. Got it to open yesterday. Now it will not respond when I slide the switch.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I did plug it in again this afternoon...thinking maybe the battery is bad but now will not open.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This may be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.
have tried two times with no change....the green light comes on for a few seconds but the screen never goes black just stays on the kindle home page.
Thank you Randy. I will go to Amazon directly. Have a good day.
no phone call.
Okay,
Your welcome.