E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Iam trying to buy a new book and keep getting message to say…

Customer Question
Iam trying to buy...

Iam trying to buy a new book and keep getting message to say I do not have a valid credit card account

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

It's an amazon kindle do not know the model but several years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Tried to buy book last night and this is the first time I have had a problem I tried to set up default card on my kindle but nothing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't understand why this has happened

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Do you have a computer available to you that you can use for troubleshooting purposes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am om the computer now but not very good at it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I pay the $28 if I have no credit card facility

I find that is much easier to update payment options on the computer rather than on the Kindle reader itself. After you update the options on the computer, your Kindle will update as well after it has synced.

On your computer, please go to the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn

Note: Be sure to login using the same email address and password ***** to your Kindle reader

On the page that opens you will see PAYMENT OPTIONS. Please click on that.

Note: You may be asked to re-enter your Amazon password.

On the page that appears next, you will be able to edit existing payments methods or add a new payment method. After you have updated your payment information, please be sure that it is set as your preferred one-click payment method. One click payment must be turned on in order for you to order books directly from your Kindle.

You can check your one-click settings using the following instructions:

To change your 1-Click settings:

1. Go to Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings.
  2. Click Click here to change your 1-Click default address, then click Edit next to the payment method for the address.
    Note: To change your default shipping method, click Edit next to 1-Click settings for this address. All 1-Click orders for items fulfilled by sellers other than Amazon.com are shipped via Standard Shipping.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to save your 1-Click settings.

You can turn 1-Click ordering on or off as well as change your default 1-Click payment method and shipping address.

To turn your 1-Click off, click the Turn off everywhere button on the right-hand side of the screen. (When 1-Click ordering is off and you want to turn it on, this button appears as Turn on instead.)

Please give this a try and let me know the results. Please let me know if you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions. I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

It does not appear that you are online right now. I will be unavailable for the next day or two so I am opting out of the question. Another expert help you when you are available again. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service