E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I tried to register on amazon account last night but

Customer Question
I tried to register...

I tried to register on amazon account last night but something went wrong & I couldn't

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

It's a kindle Fire

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle Fire? What have you tried so far?

I tried to register last night It's a new account I think it was something to do with the credit card #

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know what is exactly happening when you are trying to register your amazon account are you getting any error message?

It says my credit card info is incorrect
I think l did not enter the 3digit securitycode
I think the problem is that I did not enter the 3 digit security code . How do I fix it
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle fire once by Holding down the power button for twenty seconds to reboot the device, and then tap the power button to turn it back on and then try to register.

please respond to my lat comunication
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle fire once by Holding down the power button for twenty seconds to reboot the device, and then tap the power button to turn it back on and then try to deregister and register it again.

I thought you said you couldn't contact me by phone
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand your concern i just want you to follow the above steps if it does not work then we will try alternate solution.

How do I De register
my kindle is on at the home page
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know if this is your new kindle and you are trying to register it with your amazon account for the first time?

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, please follow the below steps in order to deregister in the third step you need to tap on deregister if your kindle is already registered to different account.

1. From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap More.
  2. Tap My Account.
  3. Tap Register.
    • If you already have an Amazon account: Enter your Amazon account information.
    • If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap Create Account to set up a new account.

If you need to deregister your device from your Amazon account, follow the steps above, and then tap Deregister. After you deregister your device from your Amazon account, you won't be able to access items stored in the Cloud or items previously downloaded through other devices and Kindle reading applications.