E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle battery will not charge. I haven't used it in 3…

Customer Question
My Kindle battery will...

My Kindle battery will not charge

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I haven't used it in 3 months -- didn't know this help was available

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Please try to force start your Kindle by doing the following:

1. If you have it connected to the charger currently remove for 30 seconds.

2. If you also have a case on the device please remove it.

3. Connect your Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes.

4. Leave on the charger press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.

5. Then allow about 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.

Please let me know the outcome and further troubleshooting is needed. If the solution works please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so that I am credited for assisting you.

I finished all the instructions but there was no response from the Kimdle. No acknowledgement of a battery.
I can’t talk on my phone at this time — maybe another time. Thank you.

Please try the solution again. Sometimes it can take 1-2 tries for it to work.