E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have an older Kindle Fire -- dubbed "Sandra's 2nd Kindle…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Kindle Fire -- dubbed "Sandra's 2nd Kindle on my account) (username***@******.***) ... The batter is almost all the way down but it won't take a charge or respond to being plugged into the A/C connector.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Yesterday -- trying today with no success

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes. I'm not sure if I should turn it off first ... also the on-line advice was 40 seconds -- should I turn the device off entirely and then hold the power button for a full minute? And then what?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not near an outlet -- give me a moment to get the Kindle plugged in near my TV screen so I can follow the E-Reader Specialist's advice ... wait a moment

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.