E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It seems my cell phone and account on laptop have 2

Customer Question
It seems my cell...

It seems my cell phone and account on laptop have 2 different sites on amazon. I have amazon and on the laptop it is saying to try it. I need the 2 together. so I can share my book on my phone and ipad.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It keeps saying there is already an account and won't let me log in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want it together because i use the audible books for book club

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
I need them because the one on the laptop is not showing that i have audible and I have credits to spend,
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
OK, you have two Amazon.com accounts for two devices. This is not meant to happen, since one Amazon account can (the last time I heard) serve content to up to 5 or 6 devices at once.

You will need to decide which of the two accounts you want to keep - the one on the laptop, or the one on the cell phone. Probably whichever one has more credits in its account, or more purchased items, would be the one to keep.

Let me know which one you want to keep, after some consideration, and I will instruct you as to what you can do.

The one on my phone has my audible account attached. The laptop does not. I have 5 credits on there.

OK... 5 credits on the laptop? then first, you can

1. de-register the laptop's account.

2. then re-register the laptop, to the cell phone's Amazon account credentials (username/email, and password ***** that Amazon account on your cell phone.)

3. and then, call Amazon.com Customer Support, and ask them to transfer the laptop's (former!) account, the content of that account and the credits on it, to your cell phone's account - be sure to be clearer about it than that, refer to each account by its username and don't bother telling them about cell phone vs. laptop - and they should be able to do that for you, I hope.

Do you need further details on this three step process? or just the phone # for Amazon Customer Support?

( In case you might need it the phone # for Amazon Customer Support is 1(###) ###-####)

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Russell H., Technician