E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I loaded my book 'The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial'

Customer Question
I loaded my book...

I loaded my book 'The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial' yesterday afternoon and launched the online previewer. When I looked at the notes section at the end I found some spacing and other issues. When I looked at the source document again using the spacing facility to inspect type size etc. and found several mistakes which I painstakingly corrected. I inspected all 130 notes in my original text. I then uploaded the text again and relaunched the online previewer to find that nothing had been updated. I have just done this for about the fifth time and the original errors are still all there, as if the reload had not changed anything. How can I overcome this failure of the Kindle system to register multiple changes?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I tried uploading three or four times yesterday, each time looking at the previewer to check whether the corrections to the notes section had occurred. I then noticed something in a Kindle email suggesting it could take 24 hours to register the changes. I have in the last ten minutes tried again with the same result.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have just checked the note section and the problem remains. Five uploads of the corrected text has failed to make any change to the original erroneous version. So yes, I need help, because Kindle is not providing what they promised.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, it is not convenient to talk on the phone. I'm happy with chat lines.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Incidentally, Kindle seem to provide no way of contacting them about a problem of their own making.

You can reach Amazon over the phone if you wish to speak to them directly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm beginning to feel that you can't help - have you not come across this problem before?

Yes, but KDP issues need to be submitted through your KDP login.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this problem is not one you can deal with. What was the fee for, since I explained the problem in my first submission?

You can contact customer service regarding billing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are not being helpful. I had a very long wait for nothing. Why can't you explain this to customer service rather than put the onus on me? You haven't even said how to contact them.

Customer service will contact you. I will send a request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. This exchange is over.
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician