E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Cannot connect to my WiFi hotspot. Cell phone connects to…

Customer Question
Cannot connect to my...

Cannot connect to my WiFi hotspot

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Cell phone connects to the wifi

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician