E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The screen is lit up, but when I plug it in to my computer,

Customer Question
The screen is lit...

The screen is lit up, but when I plug it in to my computer, nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kobo aura H20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kobo e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Just today. I have plugged it in several times in other ports, but the screen stays blank except that it is lighted.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand your concern in this case we can try to do a basic reset on your Kobo please follow the below steps:

1. If possible, turn off your eReader.
  2. Locate the small hole on the bottom of your eReader. Remove the port cover, and locate the small pinhole on the bottom of your eReader.
  3. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
  4. Press gently until you feel a click. Your eReader should restart.

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.