E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I turned my kindle fire on last night, it came up all…

Customer Question
When I turned my...

When I turned my kindle fire on last night, it came up all "faded". Areas of the screen that should be black are brown, kind of like sepia. Things that should be clue are gray, etc. And overall the light level is diminished. Any ideas? I powered down and back on and left it charging all night, no change. The only other thing is that the device was cold when it first happened since i had been outside in the frozen tundra.e

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

No. Didn't know about that. That doesn't erase stuff, does it?

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

No damage.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's all. It's working fine except the screen appearance.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

I understand your concern could you please try to restart your Kindle Once again by Holding down the power button for twenty seconds to reboot the device, and then tap the power button to turn it back on and check if it works for you.

Done. This is the fourth time i"'he done this. It makes no difference.
Hello. Are you still there? I do not want to pay extra to do this by phone.
If you don't respond, I will shut this down right now and will fight any charges.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response if you have tried this and still you are facing the same issue so may there is any hardware issue.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know how old is your Kindle?

About 3 years old.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay, we can try to do the hard reset on your Kindle fire but you may lose your data or else if you want you can check with the Amazon support regarding this because it seems like an hardware issue.

Okay. I don't want to do the reset that erases your personal data, if that is what you mean.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Yes, so in this case you can contact amazon support by dialing this number 1(888)(###) ###-####or you can contact them by Log into Amazon and scroll to "Help" at the bottom of any Amazon.com screen.

OK.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your time.