E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a charge for $15.25 for Called to Rise...on my Kindle…

Customer Question
I have a charge...

I have a charge for $15.25 for Called to Rise...on my Kindle June 6, 2017. I did not order this and want this charge removed.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I see only this charge and my Costco American Express has changed to Citi Visa. This charge would not go through.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

In addition to deleting this charge I have to update to Citi Visa

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you able to remove my $5 lawyer fee. I accidentally signed up for that.

What $5 lawyer fee? I am not sure what you are talking about.

The only $5 payment that you would have been asked to make is an initial $5 deposit when you wanted to ask your question.

Then, depending on whether or not your question was satisfactorily answered, you would pay the remaining amount of the value of the question.

Are you able to remove the phony Kindle charge of $15.25?

There is going to be a bit of a problem in getting the charge reversed for the purchase of that book. This is because Amazon gives you 7 days from the date of purchase within which to make a refund request. How is it that you are only just seeing that charge now, all of 6 months after the fact?

Under normal circumstances, if the request was made within 7 days of June 6, 2017, you could have done the following to get a refund:

(1) Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.

(2) From Your Content, select the Actions button next to the title you want to return, and then select Return for Refund.

(3) On the pop-up window, select Return for Refund.

This, however, will not work now. You can try contacting Amazon about the issue to see if they can do anything for you otherwise.

In terms of updating your credit card, do the following:

(1) Go to Your Account.
(2) In the Payment section, click Manage Payment Options.
(3) Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hi.
I have not heard back from you and was wondering if I was able to successfully assist you.
If so, please remember to rate my answer (if you are unsure how to do that, please click here for instructions).
Enjoy the rest of your morning.