E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I got a message on my kindle (I have had the kindle for a…

Customer Question
I got a message...

I got a message on my kindle (I have had the kindle for a long time) when I tried to purchase a book that my card was not valid. I ordered last week with no issue. What is the problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It just happened today. I have never had an issue before

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.