E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Have a new kindle fire 8 and can not connect to my wi-fi.

Customer Question
Have a new kindle...

Have a new kindle fire 8 and can not connect to my wi-fi. Contacted my carrier yesterday and they said I should not be having any problems Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle Fire?

Yes but is trys to connect but always goes to connection failure

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Computer yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Like What? Just trying to start up my Kindle Have my old kindle connected

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Try these steps please>

On your Kindle>

• Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
  • detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
  • Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
  • Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.

Then on your router>

• Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,
  • Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)

Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• Then try connecting to Wi-Fi
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.