E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle won't charge,turn on, or turn off. when put on

Customer Question
Kindle won't charge,turn...

Kindle won't charge,turn on, or turn off. when put on charger shows low battery symbol, no change when left overnight.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Night of 1/4

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Aric, Technician