E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle turned on last night. It would not allow my to…

Customer Question
My Kindle turned on...

My Kindle turned on last night. It would not allow my to "swipe on" to open. I even charged it thinking that was problem. I seems like it is stuck. Is it broken and can you do something to get it up and going again. (I changed my email address and even bought a book yesterday)

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last night.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I will try now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

This seems to have worked. Thank you so much.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If the issue occurs again, simply try the pressing and holding of the power button for 45 seconds- one minute to perform a reboot.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?