E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I bought my kindle fire on cyber Monday. This is my second…

Customer Question
I bought my kindle...

I bought my kindle fire on cyber Monday. This is my second call in two days. I charged it all night. I can't turn it on. I 've had trouble turning it on since I bought it but this is the first time I can't get it on

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

Yes. It doesn't seem to work.

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

Absolutely not!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It was always been hard to turn on

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Please try those steps and let me know what happens.

Aric, Technician