E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do you have to charge it up for the first time? Amazon…

Customer Question
How long do you...

How long do you have to charge it up for the first time?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Fire HD10

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire?

Bought it new one hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire?

Nothing. Waiting for my daughter to get home and tutor me, she's the one who has the brains in this house!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not right now, thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. You can charge it for as long or as short as you'd like. One of the nice things about these modern batteries is that there isn't a set amount of time for the initial charge. It should have come with a moderate charge out of the box, and anything else you do is supplementary.

How is everything else going? Were you able to register the new Kindle to your Amazon account? Can you see your eBooks?