E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

There is an issue with my registration information on my new…

Customer Question
There is an issue...

There is an issue with my registration information on my new Kindle.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It's a Christmas Gift. I'm trying to register it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

This is my third Kindle but the first one with a touch screen.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What issue are you experiencing? Also, do you know which Kindle version this is?

Looking at the back of the device, I think it is a CE 0700 EAC. Some part of that should be a model number. My daughter purchased it as a Christmas present. All I want to do is register this thing. It shouldn't be difficult.
Regarding a phone conversation: I'm hard of hearing and phone calls are both difficult and frustrating for me. Cell phone conversations are impossible to understand. Voice quality is not good enough.

Sorry if the site is sending you phone call requests. Those don't come from me.

As for registering the Kindle... yes, it's easy. Now, the model you posted isn't an actual Kindle model so I'm not sure which version you have exactly, but these instructions should be close enough to get you where you need to be:

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap My account.
  3. Choose the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle: If you already have an Amazon account: Tap that option during the setup process and enter your Amazon account information.

Try that, and let me know how you make out!

When you say "Home," do you mean on my computer?
This new Kindle has a touch screen. Is that what you mean by version?

Nope. On the Kindle screen.

The menu icon can look like 3 vertical dots.

When trying to register this Kindle earlier, I tried to use the user name and password ***** my older model and it wasn't accepted. I tried to use and existing Amazon account. Maybe I should create a new account.
The "Register Your Kindle" page doesn't have three vertical dots.

You should register it to your Amazon account. If you need help with the username and password, >>click here<<.

Once you know the username and password, turn the Kindle on. Once you're on the home screen, tap the MENU icon (usually in the bottom center), then SETTINGS. Then MY ACCOUNT. Now you can select your Amazon account.

Instead of registering the Kindle to an existing account, I established a new account with a new password. I think things are under control.
KJ

Awesome! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.