E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle paperwhite will not charge. The charger does not…

Customer Question
My kindle paperwhite will...

My kindle paperwhite will not charge. The charger does not seem to connect to the ereader. If I push it in and hold it tight it will start charging, but even then it is only intgermittent.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It has been broken for about a month. I have tried buying a new adapter, but it makes no difference.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
i do not want to continue if this is not a kindle tech with amazon. my problem is the hardware. please let me know so i can continue to wait or just cancel s0 I am not paying for somwthing that will not allow me to send my kindle in
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please let me know the status of my question
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Sorry it took us a little while to get to you. Things sure are busy today.

I see you have a Kindle Paperwhite, and that you're having trouble charging it. How old is the unit?

2015 or 2016.

Where did you get the replacement power adapter?

Just used the obe for my samsung phone. I only teied tbis acter there was no way to charfe it with my kindle
Oops. My phone chages words.
Obe is one . Teied is tried, etc
not sure why you did not get my response. I used my Samsung phone cord after the Kindle one continued to not work.
I can buy a new Kindle for $99. I do not want to pay for a technician, the a phone call, etc. Sounds like we should just end this so there is no charge and I will buy a new or used kindle instead.
Thanks for your time, but I only wanted to know if I could send my Kindle to Amazon and get a replacement for less than the cost of a new one. I thought I was talking to Amazon/Kindle. Thank you, ***** *****

Diane,

I understand your point. Since this is not a free site, I will opt out and wish you luck.

Take care!

thank you
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I do not want help. I thought I was corresponding directly with Kindle. Please cancel this, I do not want help from a fee based tech support.