E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Keyboard has a broken or bent port....according to…

Customer Question
My Kindle Keyboard has...

My Kindle Keyboard has a broken or bent port....according to tech support at Best Buy. This model was released in 2010.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed it recently but had not tried to use it for a few months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The cord tests out ok but will not fully engage the port

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Thank you

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Technician