E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I want to register on a different kindle with my old account…

Customer Question
I want to register...

I want to register on a different kindle with my old account but I can't be sure of my past ID and password

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just got my grandsons 7th generation that he doesn't use since my battery died on mine. So it's been awhile since I've used the info that it's saying is wrong.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Also need help transferring my books

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

Has your grandson de-registered the new Kindle from his Amazon account? If not, that needs to happen first. He needs to log into Amazon and then go >>here<<. On that page, he needs to click "Devices" and then find the Kindle he's giving to you. He'll click the "Actions" button next to the Kindle, and then select "Deregister."

Then you can turn the Kindle on and register it to your Amazon account. If you need to reset your password ***** >>click here<<. Once the Kindle is registered to your Amazon account, you'll be able to view your Kindle Library and transfer any titles you want.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.