E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can't download books on kindle keep getting the message the…

Customer Question
Can't download books on...

Can't download books on kindle keep getting the message the application could not be started please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last nite

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.
same error message
This sounds like you may need to update the Kindle using your computer. Follow this link please>https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529680
i am connected to wi fi. cannot understand why no download. do you need device info
please.