E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle will not charge and the battery is dead. Anything…

Customer Question
My Kindle will not...

My Kindle will not charge and the battery is dead. Anything I can do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

It's been about a week. Not for sure.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes, just tried again and nothing happened. Also I plugged it in a power source while doing that. No light to indicate charging. A couple of days ago while attempting to plug the unit in to charge I got a brief flicker on the charge light but it would not stay on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No,thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

Do you know which Kindle model this is, specifically? If you're not sure, take a look >>here<< and let me know. I may be able to help you replace the battery.