E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just purchased a new kindle and wish to put the books from…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new kindle and wish to put the books from my old kindle across to the new one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet. my old kindles battery is useless and the kindle has to be connected to the power all the time to be used

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. just if I can swap the books over and if so make the directions simple to understand

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Here is the procedure for transferring your books from old to new Kindle:

1. Go to your Amazon.com account on your computer and log in. Once inside your account, open the Manage Your Kindle page.

2. Ensure the Whispersync Device Synchronization in the Manage Your Devices section is set to On. If it is not, click the Turn On button to the right of your username. By default, Whispersync is turned on.

3. Press the Menu button on your old Kindle's keyboard and select Sync & Check for Items. This will ensure all your data is fully synchronized with your Amazom.com account before you switch to the new Kindle.

4. Turn your new Kindle on.

5. Press the Menu button on the new Kindle's keyboard and select Settings.

6. Select Register and enter the same username and password ***** the Amazon.com account you were using on your old Kindle.

7. Go to the Manage Your Kindle page on your computer and click the Actions button to the right of your previously purchased or downloaded Kindle content.

8. Select Delivery to my ... from the context menu, and then select your new Kindle device from the Deliver to drop-down menu. Repeat this for all items you want to send to your new Kindle. The e-books and subscriptions will automatically appear in your new Kindle's library.

9. Press the Menu button on your new Kindle's keyboard and select Sync & Check for Items. Data from the old Kindle, including the last page you read, notes, and other user-added content will be synchronized to the new Kindle.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.