E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

MY KINDLE PAPERWHITE 6TH GENERATION ASKED ME FOR SYSTEM

Customer Question
MY KINDLE PAPERWHITE 6TH...

MY KINDLE PAPERWHITE 6TH GENERATION ASKED ME FOR SYSTEM INFORMATION. I ACCIDENTALLY SET UP A NEW COLLECTION. NOW I CAN'T ACCESS THE OLD COLLECTION. HOW DO I RE-POINT TO MY ORIGINAL CALLECTION? I HAVE MANY BOOKS IN IT.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I accessed it yesterday with the original collection.Then, the device asked for information and I accidentally set up a new collection.My wife orderd 1 book and it went to the new collection.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

I don't know what I did.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what I did.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I still need help.
  1. Tap Menu→Settings.
  2. Tap Menu→Reset Device.
  3. When you see the warning, tap Yes