E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Since connecting to wifi (for first time from home- wifi a…

Customer Question
Since connecting to wifi...

Since connecting to wifi (for first time from home- wifi a new addition here), I am unable to connect to kindle store and browse. Prior to wifi addition on Christmas 2017, I had no problem doing so. Is it possible that my kindle does not have wifi capabilities though it says I have a wifi connection?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes under "settings"

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

As available wifi network

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes on other devices

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.

did that work for you?

Randy I have also forgotten my Amazon info to sign in so though I appreciate your help, still stymied

okay, what is the email address you may have used when setting up the account?

I would like that, simply unable to call this morning, I will however when more uninterrupted time is available to me-ty

okay, let me know whenever it is convenient for you.

Thank you Randy

your welcome!